Terms and Conditions

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hospitalisation Plans Are Basics Must Have

Since my kids are born, I got them both a life insurance with critical illness(CI), a savings plan and the best integrated shield plan, but I did not get any plan to cover the deductible and co-insurance.

Just like what most parents will think "aiya kids wont be hospitalised so young. Last time when we are young, we also never go hospital before".

Till last year my youngest daughter was warded for broncholitis. I stayed in B1 class for 5 days and with the help of the shield plan I only need to fork out some cash from my own pocket. I could not opt for A ward as I was not covered with the deductible and co-insurance.

In the end I had a bad experience. For the B1 ward, the room is enclosed due to the air conditioning and with my worrying nature,I worried my daughter might contract more illness from the other patients of the ward as her immune system is already very weak. And at night, after much effort to coax my daughter to sleep, we are often awakened by the babies crying and nurses waking the patients up to give medication in the middle of the night. Some parents snored too due to their fatigue. I got very drained and lack of rest and fall sick myself too in the midst of this.

After she is discharged, I finally purchased the additional plans to cover all hospitalisation expenses for both my kids.

This year, my elder daughter was warded into hospital last week due to vomiting and high fever. She did a number of tests and was put on a drip and medication. She was diagnosed with rotavirus and we stayed in KKH for 4 days. I was able to stay with my daughter in A ward without any worries or personal financial expenses because I am covered now for their hospitalisation expenses. We stayed in comfort as we had the room to ourselves which attributed to her speedy recovery.

Do not neglect the importance of Shield Plans and Hospitalisation Plans for you and your loved one. With Singapore rising medical care, without them, if any illness strikes, we may not be able to afford the medical bills if we do not belong to the 'rich'.

One thing you could be glad about, Shield plans are paid by Medisave and hospitalisation cash paid plans are paid annually at very affordable rates.

Feel free to email me at icejula@hotmail.com to ask about which policies I got, what the plans offer, the prices and how I go about claiming it etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment